Has McCain Jumped the Pig?

So it's old Keating Five member John McCain. Is he too old? Is he too stupid? Is he too rightwing? Is he too hypocritical? Is he too insane? These are all good questions. If your answer is yes, give us your reasons? If your answer is no, then please, pray tell, why would you think such a thing? Inquiring minds want to know.

Has McCain Jumped the Pig?

Postby Whosyer » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:22 pm

One has to believe that having the whole "lipstick on a Pig" thang blow up in their faces, that the water carrying for the McCain Campaign might have finally embarrassed the Press ENOUGH that it has to come to an end...

for maybe a few days?

I just saw it as another blatant attempt by the McCain Campaign to nail down the stupid vote.
"Now there are some who would like to re-write history... Revisionist Historians is what I like to call them." ...George Walker Bush
Whosyer
Senator
Senator

Re: Has McCain Jumped the Pig?

Postby Ferguson Foont » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 am

What gets me is that McCain's ads have been INVARIABLY totally dishonest in every regard -- not merely misleading, but actual deliberate lies. John McCain has carefully developed an impression on the part of the public, an impression that was never wholly accurate, that he is an "honorable" man. It forms the entire rationale he promotes to vote for him. He seems now to be hell-bent on destroying his own facade.

He was never actually honorable. He has always been hypocritical, grasping, opportunistic, and less than honest. He is one-fifth of the Keating Five. He was close to Jack Abramoff. He cheated on his wife and married an older version of Paris Hilton for her money. And he collaborated with the North Vietnamese -- we have only his increasingly shaky WORD that he succumbed to torture rather than collaborated to AVOID being tortured, but the outcome does not fit the usual meaning of "heroic" in either scenario.

"I'm John McCain, and I approved this message," may become a key phrase leading to his defeat.
Republicans whine and Republicans bitch: "Our rich are too poor, and our poor are too rich."
Ferguson Foont
Sovereign
Sovereign

Re: Has McCain Jumped the Pig?

Postby Whosyer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 pm

Ferguson Foont wrote:What gets me is that McCain's ads have been INVARIABLY totally dishonest in every regard -- not merely misleading, but actual deliberate lies. John McCain has carefully developed an impression on the part of the public, an impression that was never wholly accurate, that he is an "honorable" man. It forms the entire rationale he promotes to vote for him. He seems now to be hell-bent on destroying his own facade.

He was never actually honorable. He has always been hypocritical, grasping, opportunistic, and less than honest. He is one-fifth of the Keating Five. He was close to Jack Abramoff. He cheated on his wife and married an older version of Paris Hilton for her money. And he collaborated with the North Vietnamese -- we have only his increasingly shaky WORD that he succumbed to torture rather than collaborated to AVOID being tortured, but the outcome does not fit the usual meaning of "heroic" in either scenario.

"I'm John McCain, and I approved this message," may become a key phrase leading to his defeat.

They spent so much time attacking Obama with lies in the last two weeks before the election that one almost has to assume that 46% represented the anti-Obama vote... more than it did the pro-McCain vote since they never talked about any other reason to vote for McCain.

It seemed like he turned his campaign over to the swift-boaters in the final days.

Now Conservative are talking about not just Bush but the Republican members of Congress not being true Conservatives. However we can not allow that to go unchallenged... the failure of the last eight years was not just a Republican Failure it was also a Conservative failure. The last eight years shows us what happens if we allow Conservatives to control all three arms of our Government.

All those years during the last eight when Conservatives controlled the White House, Congress and the Court proved that for them the abortion issue is something to rally their base and not something they are serious about changing... if that were the case they would have sent something through other than bills guaranteed to fail due to the fact they belittled or ignored the health of the Mother. If anything kept Clinton voters turning to McCain it had to be when in the final debate where McCain "chuckled" over concern for the Health of the Mother.
"Now there are some who would like to re-write history... Revisionist Historians is what I like to call them." ...George Walker Bush
Whosyer
Senator
Senator

Return to The Republican Nomination