My Favorite Recent Bushism

These bits of unintentional humor are created almost every time our Great Leader opens his mouth. <A HREF=http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm">Here's a site with lots of them.</A> There is also another kind of Bushism, the weird "deniable lie," where our Great Leader gets away with it through his reputation for incompetence or by blaming others. These are less comical and very dangerous, and they permeate Bush's every utterrance.

My Favorite Recent Bushism

Postby Ferguson Foont » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:35 am

In last night's (Thursday, April 28, 2005) Bush press conference, where he tried once again to persuade us that losing our Social Security benefits is somehow good for us and that an energy bill that produces little energy, and none for at least the next ten years, while giving more of our money to oil moguls, will somehow solve our energy problems, Bush made a statement that many people, particularly educated people, might find a little bit, well, interesting:

<I>"One of the great sources of energy for the future is liquefied natural gas. There's a lot of gas reserves around the world. Gas can only be transported by ship, though, when you liquefy it, when you put it in solid form."</I>

Liquid in solid form. Has he discovered a new state of matter?

When I heard him say that, I was eating a sub sandwich. I literally choked from the outburst of laughter.
Republicans whine and Republicans bitch: "Our rich are too poor, and our poor are too rich."
Ferguson Foont
Sovereign
Sovereign

Re: My Favorite Recent Bushism

Postby Jerry586 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:04 am

Ferguson Foont wrote:Liquid in solid form. Has he discovered a new state of matter?

Maybe Bush is smarter than we originally thought. According to The Onion he earned a Ph.D. in physics a few years back.
Jerry586
Statesman
Statesman

Postby Kali » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:28 pm

Remember when we had a President? Remember when just about every time the President spoke you were moved, and motivated?

Now we have a man whose inability to speak English is so grating and obvious that it would be the only thing you notice when he opens his mouth, if it weren't for all the lies that distract you from his lack of ability to speak correct English.
Kali
Queen
Queen

Return to Bushisms