Planned Outages

Matters pertaining to changes to this forum or anything related to forum moderation, which will be as heavy-handed as necessary.

Planned Outages

Postby Ferguson Foont » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:36 pm

Tonight, at some point during the wee hours of the morning when nobody's online, I am going to take BKP offline for just a few minutes. I am going to undo most of the damage done during last night's little disgruntled user vandalism.

It shouldn't be down for more than about twenty minutes at the most. If you try to come in during that period you will get a message that the forums are unavailable. Try again in a few minutes and it should work.
Republicans whine and Republicans bitch: "Our rich are too poor, and our poor are too rich."
Ferguson Foont
Sovereign
Sovereign

Postby Ferguson Foont » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:28 am

I have decided to postpone tonight's outage because, well, I'm still just too darn tired after my long, long drive to do what I want to do while access is curtailed tonight.

Maybe tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Republicans whine and Republicans bitch: "Our rich are too poor, and our poor are too rich."
Ferguson Foont
Sovereign
Sovereign

Postby Whosyer » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Fuson I wasn't carping about the loss of edit function I was just asking what had happened to it. I had read the two posts above without reading your posts on banned posters so I didn't know what you had meant by "vandalism".

Then I went to another thread and after hitting submit discovered the loss of the edit function. So I thought that the vandalism was that somebody had deleted out editing functions... I didn't know that you had removed the editing function in response to the vandalism.

I now understand and all I have to do from now on is be more diligent before clicking submit.
"Now there are some who would like to re-write history... Revisionist Historians is what I like to call them." ...George Walker Bush
Whosyer
Senator
Senator

Postby Ferguson Foont » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:03 am

I really hate doing that to y'all, especially when I am not subject to any such restriction. I mean, it just isn't fair of me, I know, but what can I do. When I first took away that capability it was to avoid precisely what occurred when I replaced it.

It's a shame that some people have to be like that and ruin it for everybody. I promise I will restore that functionality just as soon as they release their next version where it's time-limited. I will install the new version as quickly as I can after finding out about its release, because that is not the only promised feature that has me salivating.
Ferguson Foont
Sovereign
Sovereign

Postby Whosyer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:17 pm

"Fuson" er, Ferguson.

So much for being diligent...
"Now there are some who would like to re-write history... Revisionist Historians is what I like to call them." ...George Walker Bush
Whosyer
Senator
Senator

Return to Administrative Announcements and Forum Moderation