Palin and the cause for Abstinence Only Sex-Ed

We all like to dish the dirt, don't we? The tawdrier, the better, right? Scandals take many forms, from Larry "Wide Stance" Craig's public restroom escapades through the award of billions of dollars' worth of no-bid, no-competition contracts to Dick Cheney's Halliburton. But it does seem we have a double standard... Democrats McGreevey and Spitzer are forced to resign, while Republicans Vitter and Craig stay in office. Anyone care to offer a justification for this?

Palin and the cause for Abstinence Only Sex-Ed

Postby Whosyer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Obama is right we should not dwell on the pregnancy of Palin's 17 daughter, however since the campaign announced the fact I believe it's fair to use it to discuss the topic of Palin's stand for abstinence only sex-education. I also feel that it is fair to discuss McCain's first judgment call, selecting his running mate. However these discussions don't need to focus on the daughter but rather the mother and the Presidential candidate who claim they shared this information before she was offered or she accepted the offer to become McCain's running mate.

On a personal note as a parent I have to say that a teenage pregnancy would have been the focus of my family and taking on a nation political campaign in the middle of one would be the last thing I would consider, I find it strange that a mother would make a move that would make her daughter the most famous pregnant teenager in the country.

See aside from Palin's lack of experience she is the real target of not only McCain Experience Ads he used to beat on Obama with but also the celebrity ads. Obama became the celebrity he is for being a popular poltical leader, whereas Palin sought celebrity as a beauty pagent contestant and as a local TV personality in Alaska, and then got into politics.

Of Course it was always a bit odd that someone from the party of Reagan and Ahhrnold would attack someone for their perceived celebrity status.
"Now there are some who would like to re-write history... Revisionist Historians is what I like to call them." ...George Walker Bush
Whosyer
Senator
Senator

Re: Palin and the cause for Abstinence Only Sex-Ed

Postby Ferguson Foont » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 pm

I agree that it is unfair to pick on the daughter. What in my opinion is NOT unfair, however, is to allow Sarah Palin to be portrayed as some kind of moral paragon. She has stridently opposed funds for teen pregnancies. She opposes contraception. She herself had a shotgun wedding, and now her daughter is following in her footsteps, so she evidently has not had the time to devote to teaching her family the lessons of her own life.

The daughter is blameless except in the fact that she failed to take precautions. The mother, however, is to be blamed for failing to take the time to teach her children well.
Republicans whine and Republicans bitch: "Our rich are too poor, and our poor are too rich."
Ferguson Foont
Sovereign
Sovereign

Re: Palin and the cause for Abstinence Only Sex-Ed

Postby Whosyer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:03 am

Ferguson Foont wrote:I agree that it is unfair to pick on the daughter. What in my opinion is NOT unfair, however, is to allow Sarah Palin to be portrayed as some kind of moral paragon. She has stridently opposed funds for teen pregnancies. She opposes contraception. She herself had a shotgun wedding, and now her daughter is following in her footsteps, so she evidently has not had the time to devote to teaching her family the lessons of her own life.

The daughter is blameless except in the fact that she failed to take precautions. The mother, however, is to be blamed for failing to take the time to teach her children well.

Well now that I find out that they are Pentecostal all the sexual acting makes a lot more sense. :twisted: :roll: :lol:
"Now there are some who would like to re-write history... Revisionist Historians is what I like to call them." ...George Walker Bush
Whosyer
Senator
Senator

Return to Scandals